Marseille, after dark, sparkles like a star of the south.
Here are the must-sees for a little nighttime sightseeing after your day of teleworking:
- The fountain of the Place Castellane is magnified at night by its lighting.
- The Palais du Pharo and its terrace offer an unobstructed night view of the Mediterranean Sea, the harbour of Marseille and the Cathedral de la Major with its Byzantine domes.
- The illuminated Velodrome Stadium remains the mythical stadium of French football.
- The Palais Longchamp, home to the Natural History Museum and the Fine Arts Museum, is known for its illuminated waterfalls, pools and fountains.
- The Mucem, an architectural jewel, is linked to Fort Saint Jean by a 115-metre long footbridge over the sea.
- And what could be more romantic to decompress than a sea trip at sunset?
Upcoming event: La Fiesta des Suds (FR) in the old docks from October 7 to 9.